Wear to bring hiking
Hiking in Yellowstone National Park is an amazing experience. Being comfortable on the trail will enhance your experience. The weather in Yellowstone can change up to 40 degrees even in July and August, so being prepared will help you on our tours and the rest of your stay. Alli and I always start with layers and peel them off as it warms up, and put them back on as necessary. Cotton is not a good idea here. We suggest shirts and pants that dry easy and pack more than needed just in cause. If you don't have great hiking boots tennis shoes that have good grip can work but if it rains you will be soaked so wool socks are a must. Feel free to call or email with any other questions you might have.
- Hiking boots or tennis shoes with good traction.
- Long johns under lightweight pants, fleece, wicker shirts, full rain gear
- light gloves, baseball camp, stocking camp, smart wool socks,
- 1 liter water bottle, sunscreen, chap stick SPF, sunglasses
- inhalers, epi-pen, and any medications
What to bring Hiking
Kayaking in Yellowstone National Park is an amazing experience and an incredible way to see the lake as few do. With that said, dressing correctly for the trip will ensure your safety and comfort. The water averages around 40 degrees, thus cotton doesn't work here (it does not dry quickly and will keep you colder when wet). Always bring a spare warm top layer so if you did tip over (which rarely happens), you will be able to keep warm. We provide bottled water but like to limit our use of plastic water bottles as much as possible, so if you are able, please bring a reusable water bottle. Please remember it is always better to over dress, we have dry bags that you can put spare layers into. Keep in mind that Yellowstone weather can be very temperamental, changing 40 degrees in a matter of hours.
- Sandals with an ankle strap, or water shoes with socks under
- warm layers for legs and torso such as long underwear(not cotton) shorts or pants over long jons
- stocking hat, and regular hat(for sun), fleece jacket, and rain gear
- shorts and short sleeve shirts
- suntan lotion, sunglasses, SPF lip balm, Hat
- any inhalers, medicine, or epi-pens if need